Marin Headlands & Golden Gate Views

golden gate views (3 of 16)

If you’re looking for views of the Golden Gate Bridge, your best bet is to skip Baker Beach, cross the bridge and head for Marin County. Last week, we spent the day Sausalito and the Marin headlands to celebrate my mom’s birthday. Check it out below!

Sausalito

We started with lunch at Bocce Bar in Sausalito. It’s a cute (albeit expensive) little Italian place with yummy pizza and a bocce ball court. Walk around the pier for a little bit of vitamin D and salty air! We were so blessed with perfect weather that day!

marin headlands (10 of 18)

marin headlands (1 of 18)
marin headlands (3 of 18)
marin headlands (4 of 18)

Marin Headlands

After we had lunch in Sausalito, we took a hike up near Hawk Hill in the Marin Headlands to get some of exercise and experience the fog first hand. I always laugh when I see people in San Francisco sweatshirts around Pier 39. Tourists never believe how cold it will be in the city!

marin headlands (16 of 18)

golden gate views (8 of 16)
golden gate views (1 of 16)
golden gate views (4 of 16)

(PS Check out @karlthefog on Instagram. Well worth it if you love fog and SF pics! A lot of them come from Baker Beach or the Marin Headlands and feature awesome views of all the bridges.)

golden gate views (2 of 16)
golden gate views (10 of 16)
golden gate views (5 of 16)

The Buena Vista

Finally, we stopped at the Buena Vista for Irish coffees before heading home. Apparently this is  the place to go for Irish coffees in Fisherman’s Wharf. As a rule I tend to avoid Fisherman’s Wharf at all costs, but my family loves this place and what the birthday mom wants, the birthday mom gets. It’s a self-seated American food type place that has been serving the city for decades and decades.

golden gate views (13 of 16)
golden gate views (15 of 16)

Overall we had such a fun day exploring the Marin Headlands and getting some great views of the Golden Gate Bridge. It’s always awesome to explore places that you don’t normally get

Thanks so much for stopping by! What are your favorite places to get a good view?

xoxo,
Sarah Julia

Share the love

12 Comments

1. August 15, 2016 / 3:41 pm

This looks like such a fun day! I have never made it to California, but it is a place I would love to visit one day. Awesome views.

• Sarah
      August 15, 2016 / 3:44 pm

I’m California born and raised so I think I’m a little partial but it is definitely awesome! Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo,
      Sarah Julia

2. August 15, 2016 / 3:49 pm

I love that picture of the Golden Gate Bridge. It looks so mystical with the fog above it.

• Sarah
      August 15, 2016 / 6:04 pm

Thanks so much! It’s such an easy place to photograph! Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo,
      Sarah Julia

3. August 15, 2016 / 4:05 pm

Your pics are great! I’ve visited the states a few times before. Is this bridge in New Yerk? I do remember going across a long bridge. Thanks for sharing

• Sarah
      August 15, 2016 / 6:05 pm

You’re probably thinking of the Brooklyn Bridge in New York, this is the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. I see you’re from the UK 🙂 So cool! Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo,
      Sarah Julia

4. August 16, 2016 / 2:11 am

Wow! The fog really adds such an interesting atmosphere to the photos! Looks like a great visit!

• Sarah
      August 16, 2016 / 3:59 pm

The fog is ever present and part of San Francisco life! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate it so much 🙂

xoxo,
      Sarah Julia

• Sarah
      August 16, 2016 / 6:16 pm

Thank you! It’s such an easy place to get great photos. Definitely visit! Thanks for stopping by 🙂

xoxo,
      Sarah Julia

5. August 17, 2016 / 6:16 pm

It’s been years since I’ve been in Sausalito and even longer since I’ve been to the Marin Headlands. Your gorgeous photos make me want to go back right now!

• Sarah
      August 17, 2016 / 6:43 pm

Hi, Andrea! Thanks so much for your kind words! You should definitely make a trip there. It’s absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by!

Xoxo,